Re: [MV] generator reccomendation question

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 19:20:26 PDT

One problem might be that the PIV of the diodes in the
military sets is only 400 volts. Higher ratings are
available but I'm not sure if they are the same body
style, the TO-6, I think it was. It seems to me that
they should have been at least 1 KV for the Peak
Inverse Voltage rating.

BUT, these are 1960's diodes, too. So maybe newer
ones are tougher?

Joe