Re: [MV] M35 turbo or not to turbo

From: Kenneth Engle (recovry4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 05:08:42 PDT

Randy, this is my opinion and may differ from others
on the list. Jeff will not send you down the road
with a truck not up to the task but just in case, make
sure you have the following things.
1) Lug wrench. Nuts are 1 1/2" and the budd is 13/16"
square. Lug wrench also necessary to remove spare
tire.
2) Bottle jack and some wood blocks. Maybe a wheel
chock
3) Silicone brake fluid. Most necessary fluids
available everywhere. Silicone is tougher to find and
expensive. Spunky's (also in VA) recently offered the
stuff at $15 gallon.
4) Hand tools
5) Ear plugs (they do make a difference)
6) Air line. (I took a regular air hose and attached
it to a gladhand)
7) -10 manual if you've not much time behind the
wheel.
I try to keep mine about 2300 rpm going down the road
unless I really need to pass or generate speed for a
long hill. Also, Drive with the headlights on and use
your 4 way flashers if hills slow you considerably.
This is a start and others will have good point to
add. Eventually someone might even advise you to tow a
parts truck behind. Use common sense and you will be
fine. Enjoy your new ride!

Kenny