Re: [MV] M35 turbo or not to turbo

From: jalberhasky@juno.com
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 08:04:02 PDT

List, While we are on the subject of turbos for the LDT 465....Does
anyone out there have a 1D engine with a boost guage on board that can
tell me what type of boost pressures they can develope under load with
it's turbocharger? Does the 1D have a waste gate and is it a direct
replacement for the 1C whistler. My 1C heavily loaded, up a grade will
boost only 7 lbs until about 2000 r's at which time it climbs slowly to
11-12lbs at 2800 rpm on a level roadway. (The injection pump fuel rate
has been set up to the point that any farther it will exceed 1200 degrees
egt.) What I need to know is if the 1D is capable of 12-15 lbs
throughout the whole range and if so, where I can get one? Also sounds
like it is quieter too. My duece can be heard a mile away.

Jeff Alberhasky aka . SGT. ROCK
US ARMY/USAR 25J/76Y 73-93
1985 AM General M-35A2
1968 M-105A1