Re: [MV] 'Electric armour' and cancer fears

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 10:28:52 PDT

There is a professor heare that has been working with farmers in the mid west and
he has established without a dought that the energy from power lines that is
returning via the ground* causes predictable and significant damage to cattle,
and I think he said humans as well, but I am not absolutely shure about that.
The professors name is Marty Graham and he is part of the EECS department at UC
Berkeley. I know him personally, and I will vouch for his integrety.

*Although they are not supposed to do this, it is common practice for Utility
Companies to use the Earth as a neutral or ground return to save money on
stringing additional cable. One of the things this guy has been doing is taking
equipment out to areas where there have been reports of problems and measuring
the return current thru the ground.

Bruce MVPA 23824