Re: [MV] M274 mule (possibly w/ terra tires) into M101A2 trailer?

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 10:30:49 PDT

I hope I'm not stating the obvious but don't forget about the fenders. I
don't know if the trailer you are referring to has the fenders on the
inside, but I made a trailer out of an old M105 years ago. I went to pick
up a trencher and discovered the trencher was about 2 inches wider than the
distance between the fenders. It was a ruff ride, but I managed to climb
over one of the fenders and haul it home.

Why don't you let me build you a frame to go under the body of my M105 I
have for sale and you will have a low profile army trailer that might be
wide enough? Just a thought. Joe.

> List,
> Does anyone know if a mule will fit into an M101A2 trailer (I think it
> is an A2, it has surge brakes)? I am thinking of getting a trailer, but I
> want to be able to haul my M274A1 around in it. According to the TM, the
> length of the A2 & A3 cargo body is 100 inches, which, even as an outside
> measurement, is probably just enough to hold a mule with the tailgate not
> quite fully closed. The width is listed as 73.5 inches. Again, even if
this
> is outside, the mule should fit.
>
> Has anyone tried/done this?
>
> Also, I am thinking of getting the terra-tires and flares and was
> wondering how wide that will make the mule? Will it still fit in an
M101A2?