Re: [MV] Off Topic Posts/M715 brakes

From: Jim & Pat Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 14:27:21 PDT

Hi Ted,

The brakes on my M-715 will lock up all four wheels if I stomp em. The
shoes and drums are large enough to stop the truck with a pretty good load
in the back. When you put the dual master cylinder in did you put a
proportioning valve in? It may be that you need to adjust how much stop
you put on the back wheels. I'm no expert on this stuff but that would be
my guess. By the way, what master cylinder did you use? I am thinking
about that conversion and am curious to find out what car and truck MC's
will work. I know that you can use the one from a chevy corvair and I am
wondering what others will work.

good luck,
Jim (KB4IVH)
MVPA#17216