Re: [MV] Big Brother IS watching for sure!

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 23:28:03 PDT

>Just look at how Kevin Mitnick was dealt with.

As a software developer that sees his hard work hacked (i.e. security
code first detected, then removed, then uploaed on WAREZ sites) within
days of releasing a new product, I personally would like the FBI or
whomever to arrest the SOBs and hold them down long enough for me to kick
the crap out of them. Either that or have the FBI grant me access to the
individual's bank account so that I can withdraw funds from it until I am
satisfied. Then, and ONLY then, would the cowardly bastards begin to
realize how it feels to be totally taken advantage without effective
legal recourse.

While I agree with some of what Ryan has said, he has neatly forgotten to
mention that many of people who pRoUdleE KLamE to be HakErz are in every
sense of the word criminals. And they are criminals that our law
enforcement system is completely inepet at handling. As someone who has
been repeatedly &$*%ed by hackers, I can safely say that law enforcement
has a long way to go before it even approaches offering me the same level
of protection that I would enjoy in Miami's worst side of town in a
rental car at 10pm on a Friday night. And that obviously ain't much.

The Internet is Wild Wild West, and I for one would like to see MORE law
enforcement, not less.

OK, enough for me on this WAY off topic and my only 2 bits worth.

Steve