Re: [MV] Big Brother IS watching for sure!

From: Lehmans (lehmans@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 06:04:07 PDT

List,

I usually just give most of this the big D key treatment. Many good points
all around. Just a comment about "armor" etc... Besides the big green things
many of us play with there are many thousands of urban/suburban cammoed
"armored" vehicles around us every day. You see them or don't as the case
may be as they hide in plain sight... cammoed under the moniker of Wells
Fargo, Purolator, XYZ Messenger Service. These things are no longer just the
big step van type either, saw a really neat Suburban-esk the other day parked
in the firelane of the local food store. Although I don't know I suspect
these dudes are at least as "armored" as a V-100 or the like and get better
gas mileage too.

I really don't care to start collecting these things but just an odd
observation the "armor" comments.

I will quit typing now.

Oh yeah Big Brother if you want to stop by just call I can use some help
getting my jeep running.....

Would the 'gummint' label all these people as 'potential terrorists'
merely to sieze a lot of old jeeps, trucks, and de-milled armor? It is
scary to think of, but I don't think they would do it, I don't see the
gain, unless they want the armor off the street? Something more
sinister?