Deuce injector problem. Ideas?

From: JJ&A (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 21:18:11 PDT

    Seems to be missing on one or more cylinders. I have just cleaned
and tested all injectors. They all pop off within spec. Haven't yet gone
down the line, cracking open the feedlines. Will do that tomorrow. Some
cylinders work fine. That should mean that the pump works ok, and the
only thing left is the distributor head or a clogged or broken feed
line. Compression was checked and is roughly correct. Didn't have
exactly the right tester, but certainly got lots of compression, and
about what we should have. Valves have been checked for gap and are
fine. Will check the output lines from the distributor as soon as I
figure out how.
    Any ideas as to what else might cause the dang thing to miss on one
or more cylinders? We get black smoke out the stack. Thanks. Jim