Re: [MV] Fuel economy....I don't understand

From: tom-nooneofconsequence (milveh@carr.org)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 19:05:41 PDT

it seems to me that torque is only really effective at low speeds, and
at 50 mph plus you need horse power. i assume that a 351 has quite a bit
more hp than a lowly ldt-465. my new m-35 will EASILY start out in 3rd
(high range) and accelerate with the rest of the traffic, perhaps even
faster. however, at 200 hp it performs no better than my ldt powered
truck at highway speeds. (now to put a turbo, a/c and anti lock brakes
on it)
tom