Re: [MV] 24-12 volt chopper

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 22:11:20 PDT

Howdy, listfolk!

On a similar note, does anyone know if there is some
modification of the MT-1029 mount or AM-2060 to allow
operation of the VRC-64 (AM-2060 w/PRC-77) to operate
from 12vdc? The very bright individual that had my
M1009 before I rescued it had converted it to 12v.
Both batteries are still there, just in parallel.

I've asked before about exact step-by-step
instructions on how to convert it back to 24v but
never came up with anything definitive. I think it
may be a lost cause anyway as I believe the previous
owner scrapped the original dash and put in a civy
one. I don't have GEN1 and GEN2 lights on mine.

Anyway, any helpful answers about modifying the
MT-1029 or AM-2060 to allow 12v operation would be
greatly appreciated. I figure it probably can't be
that difficult because if I recall correctly, the
PRC-77 is supposed to operate on 12v anyway. But I've
slept since I've read those manuals, so I could be
wrong...:-)

Thanks for any ideas!

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV (which is also developing a glow plug
relay problem but that's another discussion
altogether...)