Re: [MV] Goes better, stops better.

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 05:32:28 PDT

Well I got lots of advise. So here's an update. I'm going to pick up some
supplies this morning and one of the places I'm going is "Truck Supply".
They have a lot of truck supplies. Several of you have suggested I monitor
my boost pressure and also install a pyrometer. I talked with my brother
last night and he said the Volvo he drives now has a pyrometer and a boost
gauge. I asked him what it usually run and he said he never looks at them.
He also said the Peterbuild be had before this truck had them. Never
watched them either. Over the next week I plan to install such gauges in my
truck and see what I have.

As for turbo or non turbo, mines a turbo. The dude told me to watch for
this and that and then he said, "it's not turbo charged, is it?". I said
yes and he then said "oh, don't worry about it, you shouldn't have any
trouble." I assume from our conversation that you can turn up a non turbo,
but it has to be "monitored" closer than a turbo. At any rate both
applications should be given great caution. I'm concerned about my motor,
that's why came here for advise.

Thanks everyone. I still have to get back to a couple of you, but that will
have to wait till tonight. I've got to go try to make some money today.
Joe Trapp.