RE: [MV] M35 CAD Diagram

From: Glen Bedel (GBedel@designforum.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 08:01:23 PDT

....OUCH!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron [mailto:rojoha@attbi.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 10:57 AM
To: mil-veh@mil-veh.org
Subject: Re: [MV] M35 CAD Diagram

HUH????
Damn...does the Mark 1 computer require CAD for thinking up a conversion??
Converting it to what? Accuracy??? Heard of a rule?
    I think the CAD for the M35A2 is on the shelf next to the CADs for the
Model T, B52 and M47, along with other obsolete equipment.
    Boy are we lucky they had CAD in the 40's and 50's or we wouldn't now
have the fine vehicles they built back then. Oh, yeah CAD stood for Capable
Automotive Designer back then. Used things like rules, both slide and steel
and could conceptualize a design using their minds and paper and pencils.
    Best find another truck to take around the world, cause you're gonna be
screwed when you run out of extension cords and your sat link and plotter
stop working just as you get a flat or blow a u joint...
    The M35 was designed using old fashioned know how, utilizing off the
shelf technology modified to fit the requirements of the Military.
        I gotta go work on my deuce now, and I don't use CAD, but use the
Force. Not Obi Wan type, but greasy hands type.
    Maybe you could just go around the world using virtual reality?