Re: [MV] M35 Technical Drawings

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 08:30:18 PDT

Hey Doug:

        From what I've learned you need both. You can find free, downloadable
versions of most TM's at

http://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/find_etm.cfm

        This site appears to help you look up which manuals would be correct for
your specific MV

http://www.milman.simonides.org/manuals-frame.htm

        For a LOT of information you might try the following: I ordered a CD which
holds almost <g> all of
        the manuals for the 2 1/2 Ton series, as well as a couple of others which
looked interesting.

http://www.military-media.com/

        And finally, the biggie for early Deuces would be from

        http://www.portrayal.com/

        These folks are R E A L L Y hard to get live, but very nice once you get
them. Ask for the manual named TM9-8022. It also includes TO19-75AA-173
which is the Air Forces contribution. The manual runs about $80 I
believe. It is printed in the original format, which means it's about
10"x6" and 1.5" thick. And the pages are glued in, the same way they were
originally, which means pages can come out. But it has data and photos you
can't find anywhere else. The parts on our Deuces were different in some
respects, and this covers most of that. Between the standard TM's and this
you can do most anything to your deuce.
        I hope you don't mind my sharing this with the list: it appears to come up
every few weeks, and I haven't seen it recently so thought to post it.
        BTW: if you have a deuce with an REO gas engine in poor shape there's a
fellow on list who has one in the crate for ... $550 I think.

        Luck to you

                Paul
                '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion
                '53 AEC Chevy 3/4 Ton

hey paul
i recently purchased a 1952 duece and that manual
would be very helpful
please let me know what it is exactly and where a fool
like me might get one
thanks