Re: [MV] M35 gassers

From: william f cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 20:43:19 PDT

Hi Paul,
Just a note to help you out, No flame or disresprct intended! The M 211
and M135 series trucks built by GMC (Korean War era) were both powered by
a GMC 302 cid gasoline engine and were coupled up to an automatic
transmission ( Allison?--not sure). I had two of the m211's. They now
belong to someone else as I decided to go multifuel M 35A2.

Regards,

Frank

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:21:18 -0700 "Paul A. Thomas"
<bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com> writes:
> > I would have chosen the older gas type of deuce especially with
> the
> automatic transmission, but they are > commanding higher prices
> commensurate with age and condition,
>
> Deuces came with an automatic transmission?
> Maybe they forgot to teach us about them in AIS, Ft Dix, NJ. <g>
> I could swear I did not hear of an automatic tranny in a big Army
> truck
> until those commercial tractors came out... early 80's, the
> M915's???
>

> Paul

> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Frank Cox (grntrks@juno.com)