Re: [MV] M35 gassers

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 21:09:58 PDT

People on list usually snicker at them. I haven't tried to start mine up
yet, but presume it's really, really under powered: belches smoke, consorts
with Volkswagens, etc. <g>
My REO engine is rated as having the same horsepower that my Toyota Corolla
has ( 127 hp ). But it looks to be original. As it's not going to be used
as a daily driver it suits me fine. I have read here that one can swap out
the gas engine for a nice multifuel without Too much trouble. Again, my
observations are just that: reading the list and CW. If you want power /
reliability then look for a multifuel or diesel. If you want to keep it
somewhat as it was when working 50 years ago then hit the gas.

(sorry: couldn't resist it)

         Paul
         '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion
         '53 AEC Chevy 3/4 Ton