Re: [MV] hummer, H2 number two only in design age

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 08:09:01 PDT

Hi Dave,

>There are five Seabee UniMogs at the former NAS Moffet Field in California
>that have scraper blades in front and backhoes in back they are very short
>wheelbase but look great wonder if they are new Freightliner UniMogs.

Small numbers of special purpose Mogs have been used by several branches
of the US military for years now. For example, the USAF (or Air National
Guard, I don't know for sure) uses the Mog with snowblower to clear
runways. I recently saw one at a base a couple of hours drive from me in
fact. I have also seen Army engineers using the backhoe Mog on a job
they did in my home town (great work too!). These are all older Mogs
and, if I have the numbers right, are based on the 404 model.

Steve