Military Only Zone

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 04:42:05 PDT

I have been in this hobby for several years; and for more than one reason.

I suppose the main reason is the fellowship with others who enjoy OD
vehicles; but; I have noticed a growing trend to discrimanate against anyone
who does not own/operate some sort of military vehicle from WWII --- I am
not referreing to messages on this list but rather in local events.

And from some of the posts I read this not only happens here but other
locations as well.

The "world" thinks that people who collect/display/operate military vehicles
are sort of strange anyhow and we MUST stick together or somehow the
"politacly correct" bunch will make some sort of law against us.

 - I do not recall ever seeing someone asked to leave a display because
their vehicle was not post WWII but just as David Doyle has experienced
being told he was not welcome because his vehicle was not WWII or he was not
wearing what someone considered correct attire, I too have had similar
experiences.

 Let me make this clear -- if you wish to set up a display of only WWII
vehicles and equipment and expect all who participate to wear correct WWII
attire that is your privileage and I respect it. BUT if the event is billed
as military vehciles do NOT get on my case for showing up in an "M" vehicle
wearing jeans and tee shirt.

I have participated in reenactments and dressed the part, and had good
time. I have friends that these are very important to and I support them in
every way, but this is not my main interest.

I guess this tirade on my part could be sumened up in words that I remember
from school

IF WE DO NOT STICK TOGETHER WE WILL HANG SEPARATELY

By the way do not give me greif over my spelling - in a hurry and spell
check is kerfunct today

Everette