RE: [MV] Military Only Zone-Response

From: Henry J. Fackovec (hfackovec@easternems.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 03:53:15 PDT

Hmmmmmm....

A person who likes to dress up in military clothing that was (AND THIS
IS AN ASSUMPTION) not authorized, (earned or however the law would put
it) to wear. If I recall this is not allowed under the MVPA rules, nor
under the Federal Code. (One of the reasons that the NH club refuses to
join with the national, is we have certain individuals that insist that
playing dress up is a god given right.).

If you like this sort of thing, perhaps you should consider taking up
acting.

Additionally, while you will argue that this living history stuff is "
Keeping their memories alive" I would counter that many veterans (My
father included), do not really need to be reminded of a period of the
worlds history that was rife with mans inhumanity to man. Disruption of
millions of lives, families loosing sons, daughters, etc...In my fathers
words, " We fought and many died, so you would not have to wear that
uniform...")

I stand by my position that WWII vehicles are not nearly as historic as
M series and should be collected, melted and made into wheel chocks for
real vehicles. (Assuming the quality of the steel is high enough. <G>

Hankie, ducking and hiding behind Ronzo this time.