Re: [MV] M151A2 engine problem??

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 08:48:36 PDT

There is a small filter right at the carb that you have to unscrew with
wrenches to
get off. It will cause that problem you mention.

If that is not it, buy some heater hose and slit it down the side and snap
it over the
gas line going to the carb. This will help prevent vapor lock.

Also, the M151 car has a 'feature' with the vacume operated accelerator pump
where when you shut it off, as the vaume disappears, it gives the (hot)
engine a
shot of gasoline and tends to flood it.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce (and owner of an M151A2 POS)