101 Uses for a Deuce, number 83

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 19:53:56 PST

In the continuing saga of what wonderful fun things you can do with a deuce
I offer the following.

I have been doing some design and construction work for a local pumpkin
farmer who runs a haunted hay ride, during the month of October, thru the
corn fields (his land but he rent it out). A new attraction (scene) this
year was a machine gun (gas gun from Int Repo Depot) tree house that fires
down on the wagon as it goes by in near total darkness. One day it was so
muddy that I drove my deuce back in there to work on another scene, a mock
bridge that falls down while your in it. The guy that runs the hay ride for
the farmer thought the truck was really cool and wanted me to bring it over
for the hayride as a prop, basically park it along the route just before the
machine gun scene, kind of give the people the idea that something is
comming up, the light from a tiki torch was just enough to see what it was.

So for the last 4 weekends I've been driving the truck over there friday and
saturday nights and parking it for 3 or 4 hours. The added benifit is that
we've had tons of rain here this month and I've been able to have some fun
playing in the mud. The bad part is now I have to clean off 4 weeks of mud.

That is all,

je