M37 welded leaf springs?

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 06:47:28 PST

Wow! Thanks for all the good advise!
Truthfully, I never felt comfortable with the "fix". Before we do any
serious driving, the springs will be replaced. I promise.
Interestingly enough, when I called the Roanoke Spring Works, near here, I
was told that they did not have 2" spring steel in stock and that it would
be "hard to find".

For those of you that don't know where I live, my nearest big town
(population 500 plus or minus)is Meadows of Dan in Southwestern Virginia.
It's along the Blue Ridge Parkway, milemarker 177, about 65 miles west of
Roanoke. I'm out in the "boonies" (Halloween joke?) and it's just perfect
for MV's of all sizes. This is Mayberry RFD country.

We are not ready to replace the springs just yet, but when the time comes,
I'll let you know.
Thanks again,
You all have a great day.
Bjorn

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!