Re: [MV] light switch short

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 06:42:06 PST

>Yesterday I went for a drive in the jeep when suddenly all lights went out.
>The three lever light switch appeared to short the current.

By shorting that implies massive current draw and either blowing circuit
breakers or frying wires, is that what's happening? What vehicle is it on
by the way? Some have external circuit breakers for the lights, some do not.
Plus the light switch should have an internal circuit breaker, funny thing
is that some vehicle schematics show this and others do not.

> Is there a
>possibility to open the thing and repair or would it be best to try and get
>a NOS one?

I took one apart once and had 100 pieces fly out (well not really 100, but
lots of little pieces), at the time I gave up trying to put it back together
although it is possible. Used ones can be pretty cheap, question is, what is
your time worth?

later,

je