Re: [MV] Bad things in crankcase

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 07:21:30 PST

My mailbox was recently graced by a missive from Keith Byrd :

> What experiences have any of you had with something like this? Would the
> rod bearings be ruined? What would be the best way to repair this engine,
> after replacing the fuel pump? Should I fill it with oil and let set a
> while before doing anything else?

Petrol (gazoline) in the oil would not cause any harm; in fact during the war
it was the standard woy in the German Army to lighten the oil in engines used
in winter conditions on the eastern front.

Only problem could be, if you tried to run the engine at normal temperatures,
that the oil/petrol mixture is not thick enough to lubricate; also if run it
will get too hot, and may cause a fire.

But the mixing, in a colf engine, of petrol to the oil wont damage it.

Cheers,

Ron.

--
           I don't believe in astrology.  But then I'm an Aquarius,
                  and Aquarians don't believe in astrology.

              -- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati --