Re: [MV] Insuring a Mil-Veh

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 20:50:08 PST

> I hope I'm not getting redundant with this email,

You're not redundant to me. I have a good deal with Great American for my
daily driver and the pickup: $1100 a year vs $1800 for the nearest
competitor. But it was sheer luck getting that policy three years ago:
they were looking for someone with my demographics and I was shopping
price. I've shopped price twice a year since then and the agents/carriers
all laugh when I ask if they can do any better for me.

I don't hope for such a deal on the deuce, but would like to avoid paying
hundreds of dollars a year for a vehicle which MIGHT be driven 1000 miles
that year. I understand underwriters are tightening their rules,
especially here in Ca. They even introduced and passed a law exempting
certain people ( contractors or perhaps experts they hire ) from liability
in an effort to get carriers to write coverage for those people again. (SB
800) Sadly MV owners are too small to fret over ( sigh ), thus we have to
find an 'honest' insurer via our buddies.

The search continues.

        paul