Re: [MV] Nice toys on Ebay

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 10:24:07 PST

Hi Jason,

> Enjoy, the only really good deal would be the M18, the M20 is a bit
>overpriced.

Funny, I had the opposite reaction :-) The M20 appears to be priced
"right" relative to what I have seen M8s going for recently ($40k+), is
running, has had recent work done, and looks to be in great/complete
shape. The M18, OTOH, needs a lot of work to get it into shape. Not
running condition? Boy... with an engine like that, I wouldn't even want
to guess how much work/money it would take to get it into running
condition. Not to mention replacing something like the instrument pannel.

Mind you, I don't think the M18 price is horrible, just that for $28k you
walk away with basically a "done" vehicle with the M20, but for the
M18... $45k and the "fun" is only just begun :-) If you have the shop,
experience, and time to restore something as big, old, and unique as the
M18 this could be a good price. For anybody else wanting it for more
than a big paperweight, not a good option.

Steve