Warning to all eBayers

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 11:17:02 PST

Finally, after months of messing around, eBay has denied my 'fraud protection'
claim.

For background, I bid on and won two laptop memories, listed by an IBM part
number. I received generic junk, with no enforceable warranty. After going
through all their processes, the claim was denied. They opined that the item was
not
"significantly different than the listing description".

Their 'fraud protection' program has certainly proven worthless to me. I would
strongly urge anyone to bear my experience in mind when doing business on their
site.

-John