Re: [MV] definitions

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 15:46:33 PST

At 4:50 PM -0600 12/3/02, Everette wrote:

>Anyone with any intelligence at all can refrain from their use.

Oh, most certainly. However, some feelings just can't be expressed
with out resorting to a vulgar term. Its a kind of lingo really.
Unfortunately many people rely far to heavily upon the vulgar terms
just due to lack of sophistication.

Some terms are inherently vulgar if you know what they mean. "Tango
Uniform" for example. It expresses a particular kind of failure of
some kind of system or vehicle. But you probably wouldn't say "Tits
Up" in front of your 75 year old widow neighbor.

> The use of obscenities does nothing to advance the knowledge we are trying
>to gain from list.

Granted. Its all really a bit of friendly digression.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -