Re: [MV] definitions

From: Ken MacLean (kenmaclean1@rogers.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 16:23:28 PST

Amen....

Soon to be 64, been there, got a few T-shirts; Canadian Air Force 31
years...but Goat Roping?

I'm employed at National Defense HQ in Ottawa, Canada, and I'm sitting on
about 700 (seven hundred) M113A2 APC variants coming up for disposal over
the next five years. 350 officially declared surplus as of today. Can't sell
them on the street to listers unfortunateley, and no one else (Defence
Contractors, scrappers) is breaking down the door to buy them. I heard about
Project REEFEX, where US Army/Nat Guard units started disposing of armored
veh by dumping them at sea in 1994. Can anyone on list recall this
operation, possibly provide contacts?

Ken