Re: [MV] Aircraft tow vehicle -- "Hivee"

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 17:39:40 PST

It would probably take half a dozen of the old ' tugs ' to do that. I
wonder how this new unit gets the traction it needs?

Side note: Does anybody ever come across old army ( mil ) tugs? We used
them to move aircraft around on the flight line, but they basically could
move most anything if you could devise a way to connect to it safely. If
so, what do they cost in basic running condition. I can see a need for one
when the deuce is dead and has to be moved to allow access into the back
yard.

         Thanks.

                 Paul
                 '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion