Amazing discovery-- 1951, M151A2

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 18:40:17 PST

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!! Before you Mutt guys slip into an uncontrollable tailspin,
let me explain.

I was working in a adjoining county a few days ago and saw a M151A2 ( I
believe I'm right,it had the recesses in the fenders for the turn signal
lights), with a valid tag. I ran the tag and it came back registered to a
"1951 Military Jeep".

Now I'm not a mutt collector (mules are my bag), but I know enough to know
that the A2 is not that old, or the M151 series for that matter. It was
pretty rough, bad body damage on the right rear corner ( looked like
something had been dropped on that corner, or a tank had run over it). But
it was drivable and everything appeared to work. What should I consider if I
decide to try to buy this unit? When was the A2 built ? What was the serial
number range?

More than anything it bothers me when people don't do their homework enough
to know the background on something they own. I guess I'm just being anal.

Thanks,
Keith