Re: [MV] M135 Transmission leak

From: Bobby Joe Pendleton II (bobbyjoe@chartertn.net)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 20:42:25 PST

You must remove all bolts on the on the flywheel.(drain fluid first, or you
get VERY wet) The flywheels is part of the converter. The converter will not
slide off. It has a snap ring inside that holds it to the shaft. You will
also have to replace the seal between the rear converter half and the
flywheel. I found it is earlier to remove the floorboard and set two
jackstands inside the cab, lay a piece of pipe across them and use a chain
fall to lower the transmission to the ground. I have used this method twice
in my M211.You can even do it by yourself. The transmission weights 500lb
and you do not need to be under the truck when you set it on the ground.

Bobby Joe Pendleton II
MVPA #17657