Re: [MV] My New baby (Goat)

From: Jeff Gatton (jdgatton@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 11:25:22 PST

Tom,
The AN/MPQ-49 is a Forward Area Alerting Radar System.
The AN/MPQ family also includes the Patriot Missile
Systems.

I learned what all the different letters mean back in
radar school in '87, but I don't remember what they
all mean now. I do think the M stands for Mobile. I
used to work on the AN/MST-T1A Mutiple Threat Emitter
Simulator Radar (MUTES).

Here is the Lube Order with a drawing for yours:
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/data/A/015694.pdf

Jeff

Okay, a common occurence on this list. Got my Gamgoat
home today. It
was a
radar equipped model and has a data plate for an
AN/MPQ-49 Radar
system. It
is desert tan and is stenciled 5-3ADA3 and HQ72.
Any info on this
model
or reference sites would be appreciated. Thanks
Tom Carrel
1971 CONDEC M561 Gammagoat

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to:
<mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>