Re: [MV] B-17 History ? and something a little off MVtopic.......

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 02:44:01 PST

Ygmir, just a little more on the bombsight thing. I have a collection of
fishing reels and one time in a correspondence with a company in Oklahoma that
made fishing equipment....they sent me a page or two on their history in the
manufacturing business. During WW2 they made bombsights....and after the war
was over they needed a new product. I guess that one of the tool and die makers
made himself a fishing reel in the machine shop. The management saw it, liked
it, as it was something new as far as fishing reels was concerned and got his
approval to manufacture them. ( Are you getting warm on who this was?) The
company was Zebco....which originally stood for Zero Hour Bombsight Co. The
spincast reel had been born, I have two of the old Zebcos that have this logo
stamped on the bottom of the foot. Sorry....not MV topic....but everyone should
have a fishing rig behind the seat in their mil-veh. Fred