Re: [MV] A million and one (well, almost) questions

From: Paul H. Anderson (pha@pdq.com)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 19:59:01 PST

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Doug Rhodes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Before I start asking questions, I thought I ask if there is a FAQ
> somewhere for this mailing list.

There's not really a FAQ, but when researching Dodge Power Wagons and
M37s before buying my M37, I used www.google.com a lot. Keywords are
pretty much what you listed: "M35, M37, M-37, M135, half track" and so on.
It is important to not only look at the page, but see if the page is part
of a archive site - if so, back up and start looking at the site
carefully.

You'll find dealers, individuals, companies, and so on - the more you
read, the more informed you'll be. You can get a pretty good sense of
where things stand by reading for 3 or 4 evenings on the internet,
provided you have some background in mechanics or antique vehicle
ownership.

For me, I went with the M37, because it is the largest military vehicle I
could reasonably own, operate and maintain myself. I bought a good
project vehicle, but buying an M37 or a deuce in excellent condition is
remarkably affordable, as long as you compare it to other antique vehicles
or trucks. Like someone else said, the deuces are fairly cheap cause the
gov't is dumping them on the market. There are some real, real nice 2.5
ton 6wd trucks out there at great prices - love to have one...

Paul