Re: [MV] A million and one (well, almost) questions

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 20:16:45 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Rhodes" <dougr@webspan.net>

> I hope I'm not asking too many basic (or stupid) questions.
>
> TIA,
>
> --Doug

Wow, that was a lot of questions.

Here's the best thing to do. Buy a M35 multifuel turbo with a winch on the
front and a cab heater. If you are patient and look around you can find one
for a few thousand. Good tires are around $100, and parts are available at
many dealer or on ebay. Not sure which of those two have the most crooks.

I think there are lots of guys up your way that have deuces and parts. You
can drive the M35, meet lots of people and enjoy owning something big, while
you do a couple of years research on the tank. The tank would be a money
pit.

Some of the joys of driving a deuce (M35, not one of those old inferior
models) are:

Deafness (makes it harder to hear your wife complain about the big truck in
the back yard)
Improved upper body strength (yea, it's a little hard to sheer)
Having every red neck you see say "where'd ya get that?"
   Not sure if that applies up your way.
Patience. They don't go 70 mph (sometimes they don't go 50)

I love my deuce and it's very practical. I've picked up groceries and went
through the drive through at McDonalds. I hauled a bunch of steel to a job
yesterday.

Don't get in a big hurry. Wait for the right what ever you get. This list
is a great source of information

As for older deuces, I would like to have one myself, but we're Ford people
and I'm sure what the family would do if I brought home a GMC.

Good luck,
Joe Trapp
67 Kaiser M35A2