Re: [MV] Deuce Wiring Puzzlement

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 08:13:03 PST

Paul....it's my understanding that a starter will run in only one
direction....regardless of whether it's wired forward or backwards. To prove or
disprove this....take a starter and hitch jumper cables and a battery to it....try
it both ways....or....present a reply like this and some of the mechanics on the
board will chime in. (better way....saves you the work of experimenting.) Seems to
me that I had the brilliant idea of using a starter to run a winch (both
directions)....till someone told me about the direction thing. Then I bought a
winch with what looked like a starter on it....(ran both directions)....but was
probably rewired to become a DC motor. Anyway....get that thing running....we want
to hear it. Fred