Re: [MV] CONVOY Suggestions please

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 07:13:11 PST

I 2nd the run at the hills. Most Jeep people have no conception of what a
hill does to a big truck. Probably one reason for convy to accordian.

EVERYONE should have a CB radio that works! They are cheap at Radio Shack,
easy to install just sitting on the seat with a mag mount antenna. And the
corralery to this is to check it out every now and then, especially the
leader. We had a situation once where someone was having trouble with his CB
and unplugged the mike. When unplugged, the CB went into transmit mode and
no one seemed to notice! We had no communications!

A bigger truck in the rear is usually what we do so
Joe-civy-I-am-not-paying-attention does not run into a Jeep. A lot of times
I take the rear with my deuce. They have to go through 12' of truck to get
to me....

Parking: Tell the Jeep people to let the big trucks park FIRST! Many times
the Jeeps take all the easy spots and make it difficult/dangerous to park
the larger vehicles.

When pulling out, have tail end charlie pull out and block the road so that
everyone else can pull out without worrying. This year I will suggest a
countdown by the rear person so that everyone else pulls out together.

Make it MANDITORY that everyone have fueled up and emptied their bladder and
have snacks and drinks in their vehicles.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce