Re: [MV] M35 (and other) hi/lo shifing

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 07:40:21 PST

Yea it does. Been "split shifting" for the last 3 yrs. To do it right
when in low and hit 5th, you reach through the steering wheel and reach down
and pull up for high while using the right hand to pull back to 4th. I
remember how impressed I was when I had seen this done for the 1st time.
Its a true art form. The reach through is to keep the steering wheel
from turning and leaving the road while leaning foreward to shift to high.
There is not much worry of this with a deuce because of it having no power
steering but I hear that its critical for the 5 tons. I also have
gotten in the habit of going into low range once on the rally fields. Was
told this by a CWO, and RONZO, I have a feeling it was the same person for
he is from your neck of the woods.

JEff