Re: [MV] M35 (and other) hi/lo shifing

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 07:04:13 PST

    I was shown that procedure by a "senior" CWO motor pool type this
summer. He pointed out that it keeps the linkages free and easy to move, so
that when you really need low range some day, it won't be frozen up due to
lack of use.
    He did stress that you RELIGIOUSLY follow the warnings (speed vs. gear)
on the speed/gear/range sign on the dash. Makes a big difference if you have
to start out on a hill, plus it's easier on they clutch. But it does make it
more interesting to drive the truck!
    He clamed it is one of the differences between a driver and a vehicle
operator.