Re: [MV] M35 (and other) hi/lo shifing

From: Mark J. Blair (ke6myk_mvlist@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 11:13:04 PST

Amnon wrote:

> Besides, synchromesh or not, you will never put it in first unless you are
> stopped, right?

Actually, I used to drop into first when pulling in to the airplane hangar
where I used to store one of my deuces. The hangar was very crowded, and I had
to squeeze that deuce into a tight corner with lots of fragile stuff lying
around. Before I learned to double-clutch while driving non-synchro semi
tractors in truck driving school, I'd downshift from 2-high to 2-low, but once
I learned to double-clutch properly, I found it easier to downshift to first.

--
Mark J. Blair, KE6MYK <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/