Re: [MV] Split Rim Wheels question

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 08:12:00 PST

Dear Listers........

A year ago, I contacted the Budd Company (Now Thyssen-Krupp-Budd) for some
information about split-ring/spring-ring wheels.

Budd very kindly sent me some highly useful leaflets and charts, "Maintenance
is not Magic" and "Facts for Truck Tire Safety".

Rather than guess and speculate, I recommend that if you really need advice,
you get the details from Budd. You can contact the company at:-

The Budd Company
3155 W. Big Beaver Road
PO Box 2601
Troy
MI 48007-2601
USA
(don't forget to say "please" and "thank you" to them.....)

Website is http://www.buddcompany.com/

You may be interested to know that in (I think) Belgium, there is an annual
MV award, given in memory of a young jeep owner who was fatally injured when
he was working on a jeep split-rim. We don't want any more awards named after
anyone.
Hope this helps.......

Ken