Re: [MV] tank questions

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 22:23:15 PST

At 1:03 AM -0500 1/21/03, Steve Grammont wrote:
>Ryan,
>
>>You sure about that? The 1" Armor plate is on the front, so the most
>>likely aspect angle is that.
>
>Whoops! Yeah, you are right. I thought the sides were thinner than they
>in fact are. US half tracks on the other hand...

The sides are thinner, but, the armor on it is nicely sloped. If the
MG team was close and to the side they'd likely have a good shot,
but' its going to be a very passing shot at that point. The big worry
is the

> >Yes, but they sooo impress the cops around here. And the people at
>>Home Depot and the hardware store....It takes me for ever to get
>>anything done when I've got the ferret out in an errand....
>
>Cripes, I get nothing done when I drive into town in my Pinzgauer! Guess
>I should try talking my wife out of a Ferret. She thinks they are "cute"
>and prefers MVs that she can drive to the grocery store.

It takes for ever to get errands run though. The Home Depot Parking
lot is the worst. Everyone asking questions and such. I need to get a
placard and place it on the vehicle when I leave it in a parking lot
so people can answer their questions by reading.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)