6.2 L desil fuel leak ?

From: MV Don Low (MVdonlow@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 17:43:03 PST

My M1009 with a 6.2 L. desil is having a little fuel leakage at the right
rear fuel injector port .
At first we thought it was the fuel return lines but a trip to a mechanic
showed it to be the "Plug" that is used on the last injector return line
ports (right rear).
This end cap was relaced and worked for a few days, however the plug
disapeared after 4 days driving and a puddle on my driveway (much less the
smell) led me to the same injector, minus any endcap.
I returned to the Mechanic and he replaced the endcap FREE, and gave me two
spares, it seemed to bother him there was a problem still ( nice to know
honest mechanics) he check the Fuel fill cap (for the right type) , and said
if it happened again it might take a more detailed check.
He also indicated a clamp on the plug was more problamatic, then a solution
, as it tends to wear and then leak.
Any ideas what would cause this cap to disapear (shoot off ? ) ?

Don Low M1009 CUCV
MVPA
MK-MVPA
www.MKMVPA.com