M-1009 fuel pump

From: Sando (asando@prtc.net)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 15:53:33 PST

    List; I'm replacing the mechanical fuel pump for an electric one, think
it will address the problem I have when starting the CUCV whenever it is
parked for more than 5 or more hours. The glow plug system is working fine,
i even bypassed the glow plug controller(timer) to manually control the
plugs on-time! but it seems the fuel drains back?? so i have to strain the
starter for a while for it to start! Have checked the fuel return lines, the
filter and everything I could imagine, haven't tested the mechanical fuel
pump output though,(should've tested it before asking foe help i think).
     Any ideas as to what kind of electric fuel pump to use and where to
install it? Is it going to solve my problem? What do you think guys??

                                Sando

PS. After the vehicle starts it runs like a charm!!