Re: [MV] M-211

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 11:14:27 PST

--- Glen Bedel <GBedel@designforum.com> wrote:

> I just purchased a 1956 gmc 6x6 from GSA and was
> curious about the Model.
> Can anyone tell me if the M135 had single rear tires
> and M211 had double is
> this the only difference?
+++++
The rear hubs are different, I think the M-135 has six
"front" hubs on it, maybe six "front" wheels, too, the
"dish" measurement is different, this also makes a
minor difference in the rear brake drum.

It should have the model number stamped on the frame
just in front of the left front wheel if you're not
sure. The bed on the M-135 is 8" narrower, too, so it
would have to be changed if you were thinking of
putting duals on it. The bed height on the M-135 is
lower because of the clearance allowed by the wheel
housings in the bed, the 211 has none of those and
therefore has a flat, but higher, cargo floor.

This is in the manual but doesn't show up well because
they put it all in a split picture/diagram with the
front on the top and the rear on the bottom.

Joe