Re: [MV] MV website

From: jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 11:32:34 PST

Chuck wrote:
> Thanks for all the domain name suggestions. I have checked on a few
> and here are the ones not taken.
>

> themotorpool.org
> the-motor-pool.com
> motor-pool.com
> militaryvehicle.org
> military-vehicles.net
> green-machines.org
> biggreenmeanies.com (very orginal by the way)

That was a big mistake posting them on a public mailing list. Unless you
claim them quickly some low-life will register them all for peanuts and
then try to sell one to you for a coconut sized amount.

You really have to think hard about a web site its a very labour
intensive procedure unless you are going to make one of these updated
once a year places which receive about the same number of visitors.

The way to go these days is to have a web site that deals with a
specific vehicle type... preferably one that someone isnt doing, and
concentrate on that vehicle alone. You can forget all the usual one like
Jeeps, M151 , Powerwagen as they are all taken. Personally if I was
adding another web site to the 8 I already run I would go for some sort
of less well known vehicle and I am sure there are plenty of people on
here who can suggest one.

--
TTFN
Jim