Re: [MV] CUCV Electrical Problem

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 00:58:02 PST

I had a weird situation with my M1009 about a year
ago. I had taken it to a local shop for some repairs,
I forget what. When the repairs were completed,
the truck was delivered to my place, so I didn't know
that I had a problem until after I went out later to try
it out. Started right up and sounded okay and then I
noticed that the main light switch was in the off
position, so I flipped it to on. I could not shut the motor
off (or start it) with the key switch until I put the light
switch to off. I delivered it back to the shop and left it
there so the mechanic could trace and repair it. When
I went back to pick it up, he said that a tail light bulb
filament was the culprit. Doesn't make sense to me, but
all is working okay.
Joe Young