Re: [MV] Painting and such.

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 09:33:12 PST

with regards to grease gun fights and splattered grease and painintg,
any small amount of grease or oil can cause problems. Even after
meticulously cleaning the inside of my GRM-23D shelter, the high gloss
pain I apllied has gotten a few small bad spots in it, mostly on the
ceiling. I beleive that this is due to the shelter having been used (I
think) to store greasy/oily old MV parts and other crap for years, and
the vapors from these, combined with moisture, during hot/cold/wet/dry
cycles, have in a few cases worked their way tightly onto the surface
of the aluminum. I think that more scrubbing would have eliminated
this problem.