Re: [MV] looking to buy 6x6

From: pball@csionline.net
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 06:01:19 PST

Stu,
What he wrote was "liver," which is the opposite
of "deader," which is what would happen if you could
not stop the truck. In which case you would not have
to worry about smelling anything. However, others
might complain of the nasty smell and coming from that
wrecked green truck that's been sitting in the woods
for a couple of weeks.
Bruce

Quoting Stu Ellis <stuellis@attbi.com>:

> Liver? Ech......
>
> Doesn't it start smelling after being in the sun for
a while?

> Couldn't resist. Had this image.
>
> "Stu"
> Southern New Hampshire, USA
> 'Live Free Or Die"
>
> MVPA #14790 MVMVC
> 1967 M151A1 Jeep
> 1964 M416 1/4 Ton Trailer
> 1986 M1009 CUCV Blazer
veh.org>
> Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 8:49 AM
> Subject: Re: [MV] looking to buy 6x6
>

> > The M123/125 series also have a large block on the
column where
> > the directional liver should be. It has a large
lever on it to allow the
> > driver to selectively apply the rear brakes to
only one side or the other
> > to help with cornering....
> >
> > Steve AKA Dr Deuce

veh.org>
> > Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 7:52 AM
> > Subject: Re: [MV] looking to buy 6x6
> >

> > > And just when would I find time to get out and
throw the anchor while
> > > coasting along trying to stop and steer? <g>
> > > Interesting note: I thought all old large MVs
had hydraulic brakes.

> > > Thanks for the information.
> > >
> > > Paul
> > >

> > > ***************************************
> > >

> > > You would be dreaming about wheel cyls, as the
M125 has Air Brakes and
> no
> > > hydraulics... The are the early non spring
type, so if you have a
> failure
> > > of the air system, they do not apply
automatically... and you sail
> along
> > for
> > > miles at the top speed of 35 or so... They
should have been equipped
> with
> > > 5oo lb anchor

> > > To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@mil-